Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Our lives are trickling back into order, after our being away from home for a few weeks. Our kitty arrived at the house even before our briefly lost luggage, but now everyone and everything is now home and accounted for. I have opened the suitcases and am now gazing at all the dirty laundry and arbitrary purchases. More accurately, it's vacant, unmotivated, glazed-over staring. My synapses are firing slowly, jet-laggedly.

What, you may be curious to know, are the items that warranted smuggle back into the country from the motherland? The results of several zombie-like shopping trips: macaroni and cheese, kitty litter deodorant, people deodorant, knives, peanut butter cups, cinnamon, brownie mix, ibuprofen, vitamins, allergy pills, and shampoo. How boring and American.

I can't believe we actually carried kitty litter deodorizer on four flights, across three states and then the ocean. Target casts a spell, I tell you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You chose very wisely. Kitty litter deodorizer is also one of my favorite items to carry all the way over the ocean. Totally worth it.

JulieAnn said...

When I did a study abroad program in Brazil, I begged my parents to bring me peanut butter and marshmallows. Apparently the peanut butter set off some sort of alarm though... but some things are just worth lugging through 18 different airports...