Thursday, November 29, 2007

Flying trees

Unfortunately for you, the battery and the camera were separated when I saw a flying tree outside my window yesterday. You'll have to take my word for it that, in fact, the city of Lugano was flying in Christmas trees by helicopter. You'll also have to take my word that it was a silly sight.

For some reason (maybe because I was stuck inside doing laundry all afternoon) it made me a bit giddy. I ran from window to window trying to see the tree parade with much too much enthusiasm for my age and felt very disappointed when all too soon it was over. There was something a bit magical about it, something that made me think of all the Whos down in Whoville for the rest of the afternoon.

Welcome, Christmas!

1 comment:

Linda/Mom said...

I can hardly imagine it. What do you suppose is the reason for doing it this way? Maybe I'll try and contact this helicopter service and see if they will deliver your Christmas present to you, and you can watch out the window as they drop it by your front door. This could bring a whole new meaning to the concept of "special delivery."