Monday, April 28, 2008

Snip, Snip, Cut, Paste

Here, I hope, is incontrovertible proof that "photoshopping" has become a common practice in public advertisements around these parts. (I railed against head-swapping a few months back but did not cause much of a stir. The practice continues.) From our local "Liberal Radical Party" (which is actually neither) newsletter, I present to you: 

Floating torsos over Lugano

The (almost) complete session meeting

We count at least three people who weren't there when the photo was taken. And a goodly number of people who wish they weren't. I wish the quality were better so you could see how truly weird this is.

4 comments:

Swiss Ms. said...

I am commenting on myself to wonder if there is a generic alternative to this new verb "to photoshop." I mean, the people at Puffs don't call it "kleenex" – what do the people at Corel and Gimp say?

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately Pulp Fiction will forever prohibit us from saying that one just "Gimped anything"

Jessica Jones said...

The retoucher had a tough time with guy on the left in the arial view photo. Wispy hair is so hard. Poor man. I also like how they don't have shoulders.

joyce said...

i love you jill. so funny.